Friday, May 14, 2010

Gorges Truffles

Nathan and I are hitting the road today and heading to the great outdoors!  We'll be gone this weekend camping in Ithaca at Robert Treman State Park--about 1 hour from where we live.  


We'll be seeing a little of this . . . 



Whoa!  Absolutely gorges! And no, I did not spell that wrong.  That's actually the slogan for this little bitty town--"Ithaca is Gorges."  And it really is.  With over 100+ gorges and waterfalls, to be exact.

To say we're excited would be a complete understatement.  We've got our Nikon's charged and loaded, cooler packed and plenty of layers to keep us warm and snuggly during the cold Upstate NY nights.

But . . . before I leave town, I have to share with you one new little recipe I stumbled across that is divine, to say the least.  I made these up and took them last night to our Ladies Night Out at church, and there were none left.  No, not one.  Personally, myself, I only ate 2.  Or was it 6?  I can't remember . . . 

Oreo Truffles -- The Girl Who Ate Everything

You'll need a whole pack of these . . .
  . . . in case you can't tell, those are knock-off Oreos.  You can buy the real thing if you want, but my hubby went to the store for me this particular night, so we got the cheap stuff.

You'll also need 8 ounces of this stuff . . . 
Don't skimp and get that low-fat junk.  It won't do you any good in this recipe.

And, you'll need 1 bag of semi, milk OR dark chocolate chips (I chose milk this time around, but I am dying to try these with dark . . . and maybe a little mint?  I know, I'm crazy!)

All's you do is . . . 
  1. Crush up oreos (or wanna-be oreos) by hand or with your food processor.
  2. Make sure your cream cheese is softened, and mix together crushed cookies and cream cheese (this was easiest for me by pouring it all in a plastic bag and smushing it together)
  3. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on baking tray.  Place tray in freezer for 1 hour.
  4. Melt chocolate.  Dip frozen cookie balls into melted chocolate and let cool on wax paper.
  5. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
And watch these puppies fly off of your plate like nobody's business.




That may or may not be my teeth marks in that oreo truffle.  

Have a great and happy (and hopefully warm) weekend!  See you next week!


1 comment:

  1. Mmm love these truffles! Hope you're making them again for the holidays :) Thanks so much for adding them to Merry Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel