Friday, April 2, 2010

When Nathan Met Sally

I have another funny to share (I know, I know . . . I’m on a roll this week!).

Do you remember way back when I showed you a picture of our cutie patootie chipmunk?  We eventually named her Sally, which I can't for the life of me remember why.  She frequents our deck each morning (and sometimes afternoon) and nibbles on some sort of seeds.  She just looks so adorable, peaceful and loveable and she actually became a close friend during my few months of unemployment.  (I was sun bathing a lot on our deck, and we had quite a few heart to hearts.)

Anyway.  I’m sure you remember our squirrel fiasco a few months back!  Who could forget that?  Well, ever since then Nathan is convinced that it might have been our precious Sally that ransacked our attic.  He’s tried everything to get rid of her (behind my back, mind you).  He even called last week and said, “I picked Sally up a nice little gift at Lowe’s today.”  I thought it was so sweet of him to think of her, but do you happen to know what that “gift” was??


Yikes!  My poor friend is headed to the chopper if she’s not careful. 

Nathan baited it up with Peanut Butter, but she must have the same love affair I do with it because she just licked the trap clean and didn’t injure one hair on her cute little head!  This just fueled Nathan’s fire even more.  He’s determined to have her gone.

So, I decided to put my creative little mind to work and think up some ways to make Nathan fall back in love with our little rodent friend. 

Me and Sally met up and brainstormed some ideas, and since it’s Easter this week, she decided to get Nathan (she calls him “Dad”) a little gift in hopes that they can stop all this fighting.  I gave her a little inside scoop on some of his favorite things, and helped her write some beautiful cards.

Here are just a few of the gifts sweet Sally has given to Nathan this week . . .

Cotton Candy--one of his favorite treats

A portrait of herself

And what would a gift be without a nice little hand-written card?

It says, “To Dad: I’m sorry for making you mad.  Please forgive me.  Love, Sally”

I think he may be starting to warm up to her, but a few more gifts might have to be given. :)

6 comments:

  1. Haha!
    That is so funny!
    I hope he appreciates her sweet and thoughtful gifts.
    Cute ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny, Rachel! Happy Easter to the Atwood family :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny :) I thought this was going to be an April Fool's Day Joke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious!!!! I almost find myself rooting (Spelling) for poor little Sally. Humor in a home is like engine in a car - it keeps things running smoothly because of the possible friction. You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious!!!! I almost find myself rooting (Spelling) for poor little Sally. Humor in a home is like engine in a car - it keeps things running smoothly because of the possible friction. You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor lil Sally (okay, I am siding with Nathan on this one - I do not like Nature.) But I do love Sally's gifts to Nathan. : ) Too funny!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel