Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend Recap + April 5 Menu Plan

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter weekend!  Nathan and I got to enjoy some beautiful NY sunshine this weekend--we ate out on our deck almost every meal.  Can you believe that??


Saturday, we did a lot of yard work (B&A pictures to come soon!), and Sunday we spent the day at church and then with my parents.  We had 68 at church Sunday morning, and it's such a blessing to see so many children in our services!  Our little church is growing slowly, and we're so thankful God is moving.  Before our pastor got up to speak, we had a "Bless the Children" prayer.  All the children lined up in the front of the sanctuary and pastor prayed a beautiful prayer of blessing over them.  It was so moving, and my heart was just filled with love for every single one of them.  Here are some photos . . . 



And here's my sweet mom and dad

And here's one of me and Nathan :)







Last week, we tried out several new recipes that all turned out yummy.  This week, we're trying a few new recipes along with some favorites.  

If you need menu ideas, don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie.  She has tons of menu plan ideas posted each week for Menu Plan Monday.

Monday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (**new recipe**)
Tuesday: Maple Balsamic Chicken w/ veggies (**new recipe**)
Wednesday:  Leftover Night
Thursday: Mexican Night--I've noticed we've been making this a weekly habit.  We love burritos :)
Friday: My parents are joining us for dinner--we're planning to grill out

Blessings for you this Monday!




4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Rachel! I love all the pics and so glad the church is growing! I am also glad y'all are getting lots of sunshine. It does a body and soul lots of good :)

    Love You!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The maple balmalmic chicken sounds interesting, let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love a good Easter church service and it sounds like you all had one!
    Yummy weekly menu planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures-- love the patio set! You two are such a cute couple. Going to make those lemon bars for MOPS this week! They sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel