Monday, April 19, 2010

Marital Monday + April 19 Menu Plan


Yard sale season has officially begun in Upstate New York!!  Can I get a WAHOOOO?!?! :)  We weren't about to let rain, hail and 40 degree temperatures keep us from scouring five local yard sales on Saturday.  Although there weren't too many deals to be had, we did score a stair stepper, a book, some extension cords and a utility shelf for our basement.  All for $7.00.  Yes ma'am.


In case you didn't know, we don't own a truck in our casa.  Or a van.  Or an SUV.  Nathan drives a little Nissan Sentra, and I drive a little Ford Cougar.  However, when we're yard saling it up, my little sports car serves as a mini truck for all of our larger purchases.  If it's a good deal, no matter how large a piece it may be, we'll make it fit in my little car . . .  somehow.


Here's proof . . .



That's Nathan on Saturday with our utility shelf shoved in the back of my car.  Bungee cords were used, of course.

And here's the side view just for a good laugh . . . 



When we bought this baby, people were looking at us like, "Are they really going to try and fit that thing in that little bitty car??"


We're by no means rednecks, but we're willing to look like it for a few short minutes in honor of a good deal.





Last week, we did pretty good sticking to our menu plan until the weekend.  The rain kept us from grilling out, and the tomato basil chicken with cashew rice I found from Christy's blog is getting moved until I can find a good deal on cashews.  Do they seriously think I'm paying $4 for a can of nuts??!?  No thank you, and  have a nice day.  This week, we're settling down on the new recipes and taking it easy in the kitchen.  Everybody deserves a break, right? :)


Monday: Crockpot Chicken, Veggies and Rice
Tuesday: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Jazzed up BBQ Sauce
Wednesday: Leftover Night
Thursday: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup (at Nathan's request)
Friday: Grill Night!  Nathan's cooking up some yummy steaks!
Saturday: I haven't the slightest idea.


Don't forget to head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie where you can find tons of Menu Plan ideas each week for Menu Plan Monday.


Blessings for you this Monday! 


3 comments:

  1. Way to go on getting that home - Rachel and I are heading to Birmingham this weekend for the big Junior League yard sale - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea nuts were so expensive!

    And, love that you stuffed that thing in your trunk -- you two are creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am impressed you stuffed that in your trunk! I love yard sales!! Your menu sound great!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel