Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gratituesday



Each week over at Heavenly Homemakers, they host Gratituesday.  I haven't participated in a while, so I thought I'd list a few things today that I'm especially grateful for.

  • My all-loving, all-knowing, gracious Heavenly Father.  It's still difficult for me to wrap my mind around the fact that when God looks down on me all He sees is the blood of Jesus Christ.  Wherever you are, wherever you've been . . . it's been covered.  Now if that ain't something to be grateful for, I don't know what is!
  • My love, Nathan.  I can't believe we're approaching our 1-year anniversary so quickly.  I am so grateful God brought us together.  When I feel like no one else gets me in all my craziness, silliness and plain weirdness, it's nice to know he does. :)
  • My precious family.  I am one blessed girl!  I almost can't type this without gettin' a little teary eyed.  In a nutshell, I have the best parents on the planet, an amazing older brother who I am so proud of (who's married to the strongest Christian woman I know), the sweetest set of in-laws.  Did I mention the cutest niece and nephews that I get to hug, kiss, and spoil in less than 2 months?!?!  :)
  • HOT water.  This past weekend, our hot water was out for about . . . 4 hours.  That may not sound like a whole lot, but I was on my way to the hair salon and my greasy hair desperately needed a washing (lest my hair dresser think I am a complete slob) when I discovered our hot water was MIA.  I also had dishes stacked in the sink with questionable food stuck on it that needed a good dose of soap and hot water.  Needless to say, I am so so so grateful for hot water!
  • My sweet Bible study girls.  Monday nights have become such a blessing to me.  The sweet ladies I meet with have so much wisdom to share, and I am truly blessed to be in their company each week.
What are you grateful for today?  Head on over to Heavenly Homemakers and link up with them!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I am thankful for your blog, so that I still get to visit with you across the miles :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it sounds corny, but I am thankful for you. You are such a good fit for Nathan - we are so happy to have you as our daughter-in-law. And I'm also thankful for hot water and flushing toilets - and lots more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all wonderful things to be thankful for! YOu make me smile!!!!!
    God bless you, dear Rachel!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel