Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's for Dinner? Yummy New Crock Pot Recipe

Before I share a new recipe we tried last night, I have to share a funny my man did Saturday.

You may remember way back when I posted about a time Nathan pulled my hair during my sleep.  He dreamed some guy try to take my purse, and he was defending me.  He's just the sweetest thing.

Well, in the middle of the night on Saturday, hubby and I were both sleeping when all of the sudden I felt someone cover my face with their hand.  I about lost it, y’all.  I thought someone was about to smother me in my sleep.  I woke up really fast, and I heard Nathan mumble something like, “Someone was after me.”  I wanted to respond, "Well, that’s great but you should keep your hands to yourself next time!"  But I was too tired to respond and I knew he wouldn't hear me.  It took me a few minutes to wind back down after that one, but the next morning he informed me that he had a dream someone was coming after him and he stuck his hand out to stop them . . .hence, the reason for the hand in my face.

The joys of sharing a bed with someone!  Between my heavy breathing and Nathan’s interactive dreams, we are quite the sleeping beauties!


Last night, we tried out a new recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking.  Seriously, if you’re as in love with your Crock Pot as I am, then you have got to check out her site.  There are so many things you can cook in a Crock Pot.

Me and hubby are both big fans of Chicken Parmesan.  So much so, that we actually shared a Chicken Parmesan dish on our first date.  What can I say?  Chicken Parm holds a special place in our hearts. 

When I found this recipe and realized I could make one of our favorite meals in a Crock Pot, it was love.  And not only that, but it was also delicious!  I followed Stephanie’s recipe exactly (except we used Rigatoni noodles and a different sauce).  This was one we’ll definitely be having again.  And again.

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan –Stephanie at A Year of Slow Cooking




Here’s what you’ll need:
  •  2 chicken breasts (our chicken breasts were huge, so this recipe could probably be used for 3-4 small chicken breasts as well)
  • 2 slices thick-cut mozzarella cheese
  • 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (we used Three Cheese Francesco Rinaldi)
  • ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
  • ¼ tsp Black Pepper
  • ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
  • ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
  • ½ cup Bread Crumbs
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil


Here’s how to make it:
  1. Pour olive oil in the bottom of your Crock Pot to prevent sticking
  2. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan, black pepper, salt and Italian Seasoning in a medium bowl.
  3. Beat egg and place in a separate medium bowl.
  4. Take chicken breasts and dip into the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides evenly.  Place in Crock Pot.
  5. Cover chicken breasts with sliced Mozzarella, and pour 1 jar of sauce on top.
  6. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on Low.
  7. Enjoy served over your favorite pasta.
***Be sure and check out the "What's Cookin'?" page up top.  I've finally compiled the recipes I've posted into one easy-to-find location.  It's about time, right??  :)


5 comments:

  1. Chicken parmesan is the absolute best! Yum! Thanks for sharing!
    The hand over the face is hilarious. P.J. has elbowed me before due to a dream. Men! : )
    So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!!! That looks delish, Rach :) LOL! at the sleeping story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dish -- in fact, this is the very recipe I used as a basis for my chicken parm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy - so glad to see my name on the recipe list! I've been slacking on good recipes lately - chicken parm will be a new one to try this week; thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny - when Nathan was little, he would walk in his sleep. Once he went downstairs and organized the sodas (we always bought when on sale so had extra stock HA). He also talked in his sleep a good bit. The recipe looks yummy - will try that next week!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel