Monday, March 15, 2010

Marital + Menu Plan Monday

I'm learning that the little word "compromise" is one of the biggest things you can do for a marriage. 


You may remember a few weeks back when Nathan and I compromised on where to eat for dinner by playing a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.  He won, and I ate Taco Bell.  But sometimes, when the other person is stuck in their ways, we have to think outside the box and find a way to compromise.  


I thought you might like to see some of the ways me and my hubby compromise in our home . . . there are probably other areas where both of us could stand to compromise a bit more, but we're newlyweds and we're still learning.  :)


Exhibit A -- Hubby's Pajamas
  
He's particular and likes his pj's right by the nightstand because he wears them every night.  Makes sense.  But, I'm particular and don't like a pile of clothes in the bedroom floor.


So, I decided to put one of our extra storage baskets to good use!  

Exhibit B--Hubby's Organized Pajama Basket

I don't mind the basket, and he still gets to keep his pj's by his nightstand. :)


Before we got married, we registered for gifts for our new home.  We agreed on just about everything . . . except a toaster.  Hubby likes a toaster oven (the kind with a front door that just opens up) and I like a plain ole' toaster (the kind that you put toast in through the top).


So, we compromised on one of our now favorite kitchen gadgets . . . 

He got the toaster oven

But it also has the plain ole' toaster top too!  And you can use both at the same time!

We were pretty happy about this,  because we both got our way.  :)  However, the funny part is, now that we're married, Hubby uses the toaster top more and I use the toaster oven more.  Funny how our finickiness changed!





Participating in I'm and Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.  For menu ideas, check out her blog!

This week is a light one for us in the kitchen because we're pretty busy!  However, we're cooking up some new recipes and some old favorites.  And the weather has been fabulous, the snow is gone . . . and we're firing up the grill!

Monday:  Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan (I found this on my new favorite crock pot blog)
Tuesday:  We're  both out to dinner with friends.
Wednesday: Smothered Enchiladas (**recipe to come**)
Thursday:  I have Ladies Night Out with our church, so Nathan will probably eat leftovers
Friday: TBD
Saturday:  Hamburgers from the grill!


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. compromise is the way to go! It definitely makes for happy married people.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel