Monday, March 1, 2010

Marital + Menu Plan Monday

This weekend, hubby and I had a much-needed date night.  We went out Saturday and enjoyed some shopping and then a movie at the dollar theater; we saw Leap Year.  It was a really cute movie if you haven't seen it yet, and very clean (a rarity these days, but don't get me started).


Our church also kicked off our prayer emphasis month, and I'm super excited about what God has in store for March!  We're starting a campaign called "Ask me to pray for you."  It's basically a huge month focused on prayer for our church, families, country and local officials, etc.  My dad asked members of the church to pick prayer partners, and I have to say one of my favorite things about being married is that you have a built-in prayer partner for life.  There is nothing more intimate than bowing before my Lord with my husband, and hearing him pray over our marriage, goals, dreams and families.  I'm especially thankful that the Lord blessed me with a Godly man, whose heart is to serve, love and pray for others.  


As an open invitation from our family to yours, if there are any specific requests for prayer that you'd like us to remember, don't hesitate to e-mail me or leave me a comment.  We'd love to pray for you!


Moving on to what's in store for our bellies this week . . . .





I'm participating in Menu Plan Monday, hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie.  If you struggle with menu planning, check out her blog for lots of menu planning ideas!

This week, we're excited to be back in the kitchen.  Here's what we're cookin' up . . . 

Monday: Crock Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup (*new recipe*)
Tuesday: Nathan's working, so I'll probably just do a simple dinner for myself
Wednesday: Leftover Soup
Thursday: Manicotti (*new recipe*  I'm spicing my manicotti recipe up)
Friday: Tuscan Lemon Chicken re-do (SnoWhite posted this recipe a while back, and I sort of botched it because I cooked it in my panini grill, so I'm re-doing this one.)
Saturday: TBD

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a much-needed date night :) wonderful! I put that movie on hold at the Library -- now I'm excited to see it.

    Enjoy your week!

    {and, yea for prayer --- having a built-in prayer partner is wonderful!}

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel