Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gratituesday: Thank You Lord for Good Friends!



Can I just say, I love playing along with the folks over at Heavenly Homemakers each week?  Although I'm grateful every day for God's many, rich blessings, I think it's important to share those with others from time to time too.  That's why I enjoy Gratituesday so much . . . I just love me some gratefulness y'all!

For those who don't know, I am a huge (huge is probably the biggest understatement) fan of Beth Moore.  There's nothing I appreciate more than a Godly woman who is bold in her faith, knows her Word inside and out and has the courage to speak about it in front of thousands of women.  If you haven't read anything of hers, I suggest starting with her newest book.  Simply put: it's phenomenal.

OK.  So, we get the point about my love for Beth, right? But this Gratituesday post isn't about Beth (even though she is fabulous).  It's about one little kind act my dear friend from back home did for me last week that made me so grateful for great friends!

Last week, my dear friend Vicky mailed me a package (I just love opening packages!).  Inside was a brand spankin' new copy of Beth's latest book, 
So Long Insecurity, You've been a bad friend to us.  



Not only that, but it was signed!  By Beth!  I almost lost it y'all.  Not only THAT, but inside was also a beautiful picture of my dear friend Vicky and Mrs. Moore herself.  (Just a smidgen of jealousy emerged, in case you're wondering.)    On the photo was written, "Rach, When I found out Beth was coming to town I immediately thought of you.  I hope you enjoy reading this.  I have one too and will be reading it as well.  I love you!"

I am so grateful for good girlfriends!  I left behind some wonderful girlfriends in Alabama when I moved.  And I've met some incredibly wonderful ones since I've been in NY.  Sometimes I lose sight of this, but God has shown me this week how very generous He's been in this area of my life and I'm just so thankful for it.

My friend's thoughtful act of purchasing a book and having it signed were so sweet, but I really feel like the Holy Spirit played a role too.  Vicky doesn't know this yet, but that book has been a tremendous blessing to me during the past several days.  Thank you dear friend!  And thank you for helping me realize how great a treasure good friends are. 


What are you grateful for?  Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!


2 comments:

  1. What an awesome gift from an awesome & thoughtful friend!
    I am so thankful for great friends and family! Having good friends and a wonderful family there for support, smiles and laughs is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post Rach! You have such a grateful and kind heart and deserve to have nothing but the best people around you!

    Hugs and Kisses from the Roll Tide State,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel