Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gratituesday: Realizing I have all I need


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!  If you’re grateful for something today, then link up with them here.

Saturday I was having sort of a pity party for myself.  I was feeling a little down, and my thoughts weren’t all together positive.  You know the days . . . your thoughts can go a little something like this, “If only I had ____, then I’d be a little happier.” 

I decided since I was home alone and cleaning, that I would crank up the praise music on my Pandora radio station and just tell the devil where he could take those negative and unsatisfied thoughts he was trying to so easily beset me with! 

I typed “Chris Tomlin” in Pandora and the first song that came on was “Enough.”  If you’ve never heard it, it’s truly beautiful.  The words go something like this . . .

“All of you, is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need,
You satisfy me with your Love
And all I have in You, is more than enough.”

I love that God is such a personal God, that he can reach down while I’m cleaning my house and speak softly to my heart.  In the middle of all those negative, unsatisfied thoughts, He told me He is enough.  I don’t need anything else, or anyone else.  He is enough. 

Once I let that enormous thought sink into my tiny brain, it was all I could do to keep my tears from falling hard into my little dust rag.   When I feel alone, He is enough. When I think I “need” certain things for my house, my family, my closet or my table . . . He is enough.  And how blessed I am that although He is enough, he still chooses to give me more.  He gave me a loving husband, a Godly and encouraging family and a wonderful extended church family . . . a warm home, a reliable car, a soft place for me to lay my head, clean drinking water and a pantry full of food.  I could go on and on with all that God has given my family that is an added blessing, but I am most grateful that He is enough.  Even if the whole world crumbles, I still have Him.  And He is enough.

“The LORD will guide you always;
       he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
       and will strengthen your frame.
       You will be like a well-watered garden,
       like a spring whose waters never fail.” – Isaiah 58:11

2 comments:

  1. He is enough. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining Gratituesday and sharing this. I love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Rach, and I like the verse too! It's definitely a good one to remember for those "pity party" days!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel