Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Recap + New Recipe

This weekend, hubby was a little out of commission because he injured his back last week.  I suggested he rest up, so we took the weekend off and did a lot of relaxing.  Can you believe we even came home on Saturday at 4 PM and took a nap?  It was definitely a good weekend!


One of our most favorite things to do on a lazy, no plans day is head to our local Borders (sort of like a Barnes and Noble) and flip through magazines in the attached coffee shop.  We also like browsing books and writing titles down so we can then discover them at our local library for free! :)  What can I say, we're easily amused!


During our lazy weekend, I took the opportunity to make a new easy recipe.  It turned out so yummy, I thought I'd share.  


Chicken Cheese Steak


For those of you who live more south than hubby and I, you might not have heard of this.  But don't fear . . . it's nothing fancy.  Just a simple Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, substituted with chicken instead of the steak.



A local (wonderful) sub shop by the name of DiBella's makes this new on their menu and ever since I've seen the sign advertising chicken cheese steak, it's made me want to make my own.

Here's what I did:
  • Made up some of SnoWhite's Italian herb rolls the night before (these things are delicious, and I knew they would be the perfect bread for this recipe)
  • 2 medium sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 medium onion, cut into strips
  1. I diced the chicken into thin strips and cooked it in about 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil with the onions.
  2. I toasted our sub rolls 
  3. Added some sliced provolone to the rolls and let it melt
  4. Added some lettuce, mayo and spicy mustard to the rolls and topped it off with the chicken and onion goodness!
This was such a simple, yet delicious meal.  We'll definitely be having this one again!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love a good CheeseSteak sandwich so I know I will love this. I can not wait to try it.
    And I love sitting around in a book store and browsing. We must inherited it from someone in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful! And, your loaf shaping abilities are amazing -- look at that beautiful roll!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel