Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Day Date + Menu Plan Monday

Valentines Day holds a special place in my heart.  On February 14, 2008, Nathan flew to NY to see me while we were dating.  During this special visit, he told me he loved me for the very first time.  I still remember my heart doing a little flip.  I was so glad he said those three little words that I was dying to say but too scared to.  :)


Two Valentines Day's later, I can't believe we're celebrating this special day as a married couple.  I'm so thankful God allowed our paths to cross and that we are now Mr. and Mrs. Atwood.  


I never thought a day could be better than my wedding day -- it was everything I ever dreamed it would be, and then some.  But, as each day passes, I realize that our wedding day (as special as it was) doesn't compare to all the happiness, memories and love we have that keeps growing and growing each day.


To my love, Happy Valentines Day!


Here we are--Valentines Day 2008

We decided this year, we'd actually celebrate Valentines today on President's Day.  We both have the day off, and I can't think of anything more romantic than spending the entire day together.  :)  Nathan has some plans up his sleeve that I don't know about, but I do know we'll be going out to eat later.  

Happy Valentines Day to all of you!  


Participating in Menu Plan Monday, hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie.

This week, we're having some old favorites mixed with some new recipes that I can't wait to try!

Monday:  Out to eat for our Valentines Day Date!
Wednesday: Leftover chicken n' dumplins'
Thursday: Ina's Individual Meatloaves, Potatoes and Salad 
Friday: Chicken Cheese-steak Sandwiches (new recipe to come!)
Saturday: Hamburgers from the grill (weather permitted)


2 comments:

  1. Have a great Valentine's Day Date! What a cute couple you two make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy week - love that you're firing up the grill :)

    Frog Prince and I celebrate "best friend's day" rather than Valentine's day, and we always celebrate that on the 15th :)

    Enjoy your special day together.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel