Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Plan and Marital Monday


Last week, Nathan and I were laying in bed chatting.  You know, the kind of newlywed chatter that takes place . . . "You're so perfect, I love you so much, I'm so glad we're married."

Nathan decided to be clever and tell me he loved me in a different way (he's always coming up with great word pictures).  He says in a sweet voice:


"You're the biggest fish in the whole pond, Rachel."

"BIG?!?!" I quickly asked.

"Oh, I meant BEST.  Sorry," he said.

I had to laugh.  I think we both agreed that sweet talkin' should be saved for when we're fully alert. :)



Still sticking with my menu planning goal!  This is 2 weeks in a row, folks.  You should be impressed.  Although, I do have to admit, you might see some reoccurring food items on this weeks menu.  That's because last week between rodent hunting and painting, we had a few leftover nights and really stretched that Chicken Tortilla soup thin!  So, I'm rolling over a few meals, which is nice because that takes a lot of the brain work out of menu planning. 
 

This week, we're cooking up a few new meals and I'm super excited about them.  Here's what our menu looks like for the coming week:

Monday: Potato Soup was on the menu, but my potatoes went bad--again.  I've realized we don't eat potatoes nearly enough for me to buy them in 5 pound bags anymore.  Since this was a flop this morning, I've decided we'll do something simple tonight--fish and chips.
Tuesday: Tuna Subs atop homemade bread (rollover from last week--recipe to come)
Wednesday:  Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry with Rice (new recipe to come)
Thursday: Tuscan Lemon Chicken with Veggies (ever since I saw this on SnoWhite's blog, I've been dying to try it!)
Friday: Leftover Night
Saturday: Romantic Dinner for Two.  (I'm surprising Nathan with this, but I'll let you in on the main course--Game Hens.  Recipe to come.)

2 comments:

  1. I just loved finding your blog! You are just precious! Good for you- starting early to menu plan. Love Saturday's menu. Cornish Game Hens! Very romantic and very yummy! I'll be looking for that recipe.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh - romantic date night :) what a fun plan!! Hope you enjoy the chicken.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel