Friday, February 26, 2010

And, we're back!

Sorry I've been a little MIA this week.  Hubby has still been recovering from his back injury, and on Monday night, a little stomach bug decided to come and pay me a visit and I ended up being out of pocket for a few days.  Needless to say, hubby and I felt like an old married couple whose bodies were falling apart on us.  He took care of me, and I took care of him and I'm happy to report we're both on the mend!  Thank the Lord!



Since I was downing Gatorade, toast and crackers all week, our menu plan didn't quite go as expected.  However, the up-side to all of this is that next week's menu is practically all planned out because we didn't cook this week! :)

Some exciting news . . . we woke up this morning to this:





That's our driveway . . .

That's our walkway

That's our deck railing

And that little guy is our grill!  
I think it's safe to say we won't be grilling steaks tomorrow.


I don't even know how many inches that is y'all, but for this Alabama girl it was enough to send me into little girl mode.  Normally this time of year, it's nothing special, but we haven't had a really big snow fall yet in Rochester, so we I was pretty pumped! 


And, can I just add that we have the BEST neighbors ever?!?  Our neighbor was out at 6 a.m. this morning plowing his driveway and then plowed ours too!  They have been so kind to us.  Thank you, Lord for sweet neighbors!


On my way home, I was driving and looking at all the fresh snow and guess what song came on the radio?!?  


Isn't God good?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're better - love that snow!!! WOW - wish we had some

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you and Nathan were not feeling well. But so glad to hear you both are on the mend. Your snow is pretty! I am so over this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel