Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a fabulous weekend!  


It started off Friday night with a first time hit in my kitchen.  Nathan was at work and I had the night at home.  I made us some homemade pizza and buffalo wings, and after I ate it I was wondering why I haven't been making these homemade all my life!  It's super easy, healthier than a take-out pizza joint and way better.  Or, maybe I was just really hungry.  Either way, these turned out great, and I'll definitely be making them again.


Homemade Buffalo Wings
(taken from Frank's Red Hot Sauce)

  • 1 package chicken wings (I don't remember how many pounds mine were, but they were huge!  There were only 6 wings in the pack.)
  • 3/4 c. Frank's Red Hot Sauce (this can be found in the condiment aisle at your grocer)
  • 1 TBSP butter, melted
  1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees 
  2. Line a cookie sheet or other flat baking pan with aluminum foil.  Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Arrange wings on pan and place in oven.
  4. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip and cook additional 10 minutes or until wings are done.
  5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together hot sauce and melted butter.
  6. Toss cooked wings into the bowl and enjoy hot with blue cheese dressing or by themselves!
Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
taken from: eatingwell.com



(Crust)
  • 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 c. All Purpose flour
  • 1 package of quick rising yeast
  • 3/4 TSP salt
  • 1/4 TSP sugar
  • 2/3 c. HOT water
  • 2 TSP Olive Oil
  1. In a stand mixer, mix together flours, yeast, salt and sugar.  (You can use a food processor too, but I don't have a very big one so I used the mixer instead)
  2. Meanwhile, add oil and water together in a measuring cup
  3. While mixer is still mixing dry ingredients, slowly add wet ingredients until dough forms a sticky ball.
  4. After a ball is formed, let mix for 1 minute.
  5. Transfer ball to floured surface and place 1 piece of plastic wrap coated in non-stick spray on top of ball (non-stick spray side down).  Let sit for 10 minutes.
  6. Roll out dough and top with whatever you choose.  Cook in a 500 degree oven for 14 minutes or until crust is brown.
  7. *I used spinach, mushrooms, cheese and pepperoni for one side of the pizza and pineapple and pepperoni for the other side.  It was delicious!

Other than being advantageous in the kitchen this weekend, we also got together with good friends Saturday night at Olive Garden and then brought them back to our place for games--so much fun!

And Sunday, our little worship team had it's grand debut.  There are only 4 of us, but we sound pretty good if I say so myself. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Marking this one as a favorite so I can come back and make the wings. I make our pizzas from scratch too - definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel