We ordered Chinese (one our favorite little splurges) and watched some episodes of Planet Earth.
Saturday, Nathan worked in the morning while I went on a complete cleaning binge. I wish I would've taken before and after pictures, because our guest room turned storage room finally made its way back to being a living space again after I was done with it. That's right . . . Rachel=1 Guest Room=0. I also went through a bunch of clothes, and we decided to do a little recycling at the Goodwill. Don't you just love a good house cleaning?!?
Saturday evening, after we recycled our clothes at the Goodwill, we went shopping. And yes, we bought more at the Goodwill--the vicious cycle never ends!
I also finally convinced Nathan into getting a new pair of sneakers from Shoe Dept. If you know him, then you know this was a battle getting him to buy something new. :)
After all of the shopping, we came back home and I made breakfast for dinner. Another low fat, but yummy option--sticking with our eating healthy goal!
Farmers Casserole--taken from my Better Homes and Gardens Breast Cancer Awareness Cookbook
Another 200 calorie per serving dinner!
- 3 c. frozen shredded hash browns
- 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. diced or shredded ham
- 2 chopped green onions
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 c. milk (we used 2%)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Spray bottom of casserole dish with non stick spray. Sprinkle hash browns on bottom of dish.
2. Sprinkle cheese on top of hash browns
3. Sprinkle ham on top of cheese
4. Sprinkle green onions on top of ham
5. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over onion.
6. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until knife cuts into center and comes out clean.
This was such a yummy, light dish. I paired it with some sliced pineapple and banana and we had some good eatin'!
This served about 6, so next time I'd probably half the recipe since there are just two of us.