Saturday, January 30, 2010

We Love You, Saturday.

I’ll just be blunt about it—there'll  be no Sweet Saturday today.  

Between rodent hunting and painting the dining room and kitchen, we’re pooped.  Can we just let out a big “WHEW” right now?  It’s Saturday and we slept in.  And all the Atwood’s said “AMEN!”

We thought this day would never get here, but thank goodness it did!  The only things we have planned today are:

  • Watch our tree cutter chop down 3 trees by our house in hopes that we’ll never ever have to deal with squirrels in our attic again
  • Wear our pajamas until about noon-ish.  It’s the truth.
  • At 3-ish, I go to get pampered at the beauty salon (hopefully that lady can take my hair from frazzled to tame)
  • Eat dinner at Olive Garden with some good church friends.  Nothing gets my belly more excited than those bread sticks and that salad.  That is good eatin’!
I don’t know about you, but I love these kinds of lazy Saturdays.

I apologize my “What’s For Dinner?” posts have been MIA this week.  Luckily I planned ahead last week and came up with some easy meals (none of which are worth posting a picture and a recipe for, I assure you).  Even for a gal who loves to cook, I find complete satisfaction in having easy dinner weeks like this.  Sometimes they’re just necessary, you know?

I did come home Thursday night after a long couple of days to a beautifully set table, complete with candles and a very deliciously cooked meal by my wonderful husband. 

Can I just say, my husband can cook!  Thursday night I had the best pork chops I’ve ever eaten in my entire life.  And I don’t even like pork chops.  They were so full of flavor and tender; I thought I was eating chicken there for a minute.  Nathan paired our delicious meat with some mashed potatoes, and I’m seriously thinking that he’ll forever be our mashed potato maker around here—they were some serious spuds!  Usually when I make them, I try to minimize salt and butter, leaving them tasting a little bland, but more healthy.  I don’t even want to know what he put in these things to get them to taste so heavenly.


Nathan’s Italian Style Pan Seared Pork Chops



  • 3 boneless thick cut pork chops (don’t skimp on quality—get some good lookin’ pork chops!)
  • ¾ c. Italian Dressing (Nathan used Kraft)
  • Salt and Pepper

  1. The night before serving, place your pork chops and ¾ c. Italian Dressing in an air tight container and let marinate in your refrigerator overnight.
  2. When ready to cook, take pork chops out of marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  3. Place in low to medium heat pan (no oil needed since you marinated them in the dressing) and cook until done, flipping occasionally.

I can’t give the mashed potato recipe away.  Nathan was very humble about it, and just said he “dressed them up a bit.”  

I am one blessed wife, ya’ll.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful hubby -- what a nice surprise for you :)

    relax and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will definitely have to try them.
    Hee Hee, I love that you ended your post with ya'll - a true Southern girl no matter where you live!
    Yay for relaxing, lazy Saturdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love lazy Saturdays! Sounds like you deserved a rest - what major projects you accomplished this week! We have snow here in Nashville - yeah - about 5 inches but we still have our pj's on and it's 2:30 in the afternoon - yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys are having a relaxing Saturday at home :) The meal looks like it was delish! Have a great rest of the weekend!!!!

    xoxo,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel