Friday, January 8, 2010

Bye, Bye Blanco!

Have we really not done a house project since November??

All that turkey from the holidays must have left us lethargic.  Yeah, sounds good--we'll blame it on the bird!

Actually, if snow shoveling counts as a house project then we've done A LOT of that . . . 









But, since the 2010 goal list is glaring at us on the fridge I guess it's time we get crackin' on some real projects, huh?

Over the New Year holiday, I took the time to start painting our dining room and kitchen. (Last room besides hubby's office that we plan to paint.)  

However, I have to admit, I think I have a painting addiction.  Now that the painting is almost done, I'm starting to envision each room in a different color.  Thankfully, I have a husband that won't support this addiction and a wallet that won't either so I guess the colors we chose will suffice.  For now. ;-)

We definitely saved the best room for last on our list.  The kitchen is, well . . .  my favorite.  I had the hardest time deciding what I wanted to "do" with the room and it's still so far from being done.  But, at least I have a starting point!

We traded out the white walls . . . 


Pardon the mess--this is before we got married



To "Brown Buzz" . . . not sure why they call it that.  It's more of a greenish color.





I managed to paint one whole wall during my vacation.  Not much progress, I know, but hubby was at work and let's face it . . . painting is much more fun with 2!


We also got some curtains and a new rug, but I'll wait and post pictures when the room is actually done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel