Monday, December 14, 2009

Marital Monday: Weekend Recap



This past week, Nathan and I have been surprised to find a package outside of our door almost every day.  We were given the order from his parents not to open any of them until we got the final one, containing a letter with instructions.  Have I told you how hard it is for me to keep my paws out of packages and Christmas presents?!?!  I LOVE surprises, especially when I find out about them before hand.   ;-)

Anyway.  I’m happy to report I did good, and kept out of the surprises.  We did get the green light on Saturday to open one of the boxes and we discovered that his parents had surprised us with the 12 Days of Christmas.  Since we can’t come to them for Christmas, they sent Christmas to us!  There are 12 letters, and on each day that corresponds with the date on the letter, we’re to open up a gift and read what’s inside.  

Nathan’s mom graciously gave us permission to open Monday’s gift (which should’ve started today) early—she’s a woman after my own heart!  So, Saturday we opened December 14th’s letter and gift and it was a gift card to treat ourselves to dinner!  It couldn’t have come at a better time, because Saturday was deemed Date Night and we had a night full planned of shopping, Starbucks and a late movie.  Thanks to Nathan’s parents, we enjoyed a nice dinner at Olive Garden before having the best time shopping at the mall.  (You may think we’re crazy going to the mall this close to Christmas, but I just love the hustle and bustle!)

We had a wonderful date night, and a relaxing weekend.  Now, it’s back to the grinding mill!  I’ve got my last night of Bible Study tonight until the New Year (*tear*).  And then this weekend at church we’ve got the Community Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, and the Christmas play on Sunday.  I just love this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. what fun! I love 12-days of Christmas -- how cute that your in-laws did that for you two!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel