Saturday, December 26, 2009

Marital Monday: Our First Christmas-Recap

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  Nathan and I had a wonderful time celebrating Jesus' birthday, and our first Christmas together.


Christmas Eve it was just the two of us.  We had a romantic candlelight Christmas Eve dinner.  Stuffed chicken, asparagus (can you believe Nathan actually liked asparagus??) and mashed potatoes.




The chicken was a new recipe--I'll post it tomorrow.

  


I got to hear Nathan read the Christmas story, and then we opened our stockings. . . 









And some great gifts, too!


Then, on Christmas Day my mom fixed up a big feast--turkey, dressing (a.k.a stuffing), mashed potatoes, green beans, broccoli slaw and lots of sweet treats.  She asked me to bring some homemade bread . . . (remember my new bread maker??  well, it works great and I was so excited to use it!)







Then we all put on our Christmas pajamas (a Martin family tradition) . . .


The girls



The guys



My mom and dad 



Me and Nathan



Heard the Christmas story, and opened gifts!












It was a wonderful time--we did a lot of resting, watched a lot of Hallmark movies, and ate wayyy too much!


I hope you and your family had a safe, healthy and happy Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. what a fun first Christmas! We open gifts in our pjs with my family too :)

    so glad you liked asparagus... it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful, but we still missed y'all at Granny's. The PJ pics are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! I have made the chicken before and we love it! Yummy!
    I love your Christmas recap in photos!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel