Friday, December 4, 2009

Lock-In Photos and Christmas Decorations!

My apologies for neglecting the blog (again) this week.  Unfortunately I don't have an excuse, other than I've been spending some much needed QT with my honey. :)  What can I say? . . . we're still newlyweds!


It's been another busy week in the Atwood home.  Between finishing up Christmas shopping, planning holiday parties and decorating, we're both pretty pooped!  So glad today is Friday and we can enjoy a nice and relaxing weekend.


I know I promised these a while ago, but I'm just getting around to loading them on my PC.  Here's a recap and photos from our lock-in that was held back in the beginning of November.  This year, we had a smaller crowd than last but it was a lot more manageable.  A few of our kids were sick, and some out of town so we only ended up with 8, but we had a LOT of fun!  Only 1 kid puked, and 1 had minor injuries (I'd say that's a great success).


Here are some photos from the (lonnnnng) night:


Boys playing foosball


Me attempting the lifesaver pass game . . . it was a no-go


Playing "Honey, if you love me, smile"



Our handsome youth director ;-)  I'm a little partial . . . 


More, "Honey, if you love me" game



Another group game . . . 


Group shot (this was about 8 am the next morning--hence the pajamas!)


We're already planning for our next lock-in, but the most thrilling part of the whole night was when Nathan gave a devotion and three kids raised their hands to say that they wanted to know more about Jesus.  It just thrills my heart.  Some of these kids come from broken homes, and it's so rewarding to be able to minister to them each week.  They are such a blessing to us!


Since Christmas is right around the corner, Nathan and I have been in the mood to decorate!  This is our first Christmas together, so I wanted to go all out and decorate the outside of our house too.  Our icicle lights are finally hung, and our lighted deer are mounted!  I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. :)





And, it wouldn't be decorating at the Atwood home unless it was done on a budget! :)  I got all these decorations last year after Christmas at 85% from Walgreens.  Nathan works there, so we got an additional 20% off discount.  You can't beat that!  Our stockings are hung, our ornaments are ready and Christmas music is blaring!  Tomorrow we'll be going to cut down our first tree, and then we'll be home to decorate.  I'll be sure to post pictures of the final project.  


1 comment:

  1. nice decorations!!

    and, your lock-in looks like so much fun. we used to play "honey if you love me" all the time when I was growing up -- what fun!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel