Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Party Food: Blue Cheese Bacon Dip

Last night the ladies at my church were supposed to get together for what we call Ladies Night Out.  We were going to be bringing some yummy Christmas dishes to pass and celebrating the holidays at my mom’s house.

But . . .the party got cancelled when a snow storm decided to creep through Upstate New York.  It didn’t leave behind a ridiculously large amount of snow, but the roads were bad enough for us to cancel the celebration. (I’ll post pictures later—I just love snow!)

Since I didn’t get to make my dish, I thought I’d share with you the recipe in case you have a party coming up.  Weather permitted, I’m going to re-try making the dish for the Monday night Bible Study I attend. 

I found this recipe in the December issue of Southern Living magazine, and it looks like a nice filling party dish.  The recipe said that you could make this in a 1-quart baking dish, or individual cups.



Photo taken from MyRecipes.com
 

Blue Cheese Bacon Dip (servings: 12-15): Taken from Southern Living Magazine, December 2009 issue

Here’s what you’ll need:

  • 7    bacon slices, chopped
  • 2  garlic cloves, minced
  • 2  (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3  cup  half-and-half
  • 4  ounces  crumbled blue cheese
  • 2  tablespoons  chopped fresh chives
  • 3  tablespoons  chopped walnuts, toasted
  • Grape clusters
Here’s how to make it:

  1. Cook chopped bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon, and set aside. Add minced garlic to skillet, and sauté 1 minute.
  2. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add half-and-half, beating until combined. Stir in bacon, garlic, blue cheese, and chives. Spoon mixture evenly into 4 (1-cup) individual baking dishes.
  3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle evenly with chopped walnuts, and serve with grape clusters and flatbread or assorted crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel