Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bible Study Recap: Answering Tough Questions

Well, Bible Study has officially come to an end (for now).  Our group finished up Stormie Omartian’s The Power of a Praying Woman 10-week series.  Although my now tear-stained, distorted Bible study workbook is put away, the lessons I learned are forever engraved on my heart.   

This has been one of the most enjoyable and difficult Bible studies I’ve gone through.  I say difficult because Stormie packs this thing FULL of Scripture.  Difficult Scripture, that causes you to reflect—for a while.  Like other ladies in my group, sometimes it took me a solid hour to get through the material, but boy was it worth it.   

In my own journey, the Biblical truths that were revealed through this series helped me pull out things that had been hidden away and needed to be exposed and removed.  God used this study to pierce me, convict me and break me down.  But He didn’t leave me broken.  After much pruning took place, His Word was like a healing balm to my spirit.   

Don’t you just love how God’s Word has the power to do that?   

If you’ve never experienced that kind of encounter or transformation through Christ, I urge you to chase hard after Him and dig deep in His Word—He’ll leave you changed and you’ll never want your old self back.  Not even for one second.   

I thought I would share a few of the really hard questions that were asked through this study in hopes that it might get you thinking about your own faith journey.  I found when I asked myself these really hard questions, it didn’t take long for me to find an answer—those answers were just really hard to swallow at times.


When I’m forced to deal with difficult people, do I tend to pray for them to change before praying for my own attitude to change towards them? 
 
Am I spending enough time with God each day?


Is my heart clean? 

 
Am I allowing my past to prevent me from being all I can be in Christ? 

 
Am I forgiving like Christ commands me to?


Am I falling into the pitfall of comfort?


Is my life in right order? 

 
Have I surrendered every area of my life into full control of God? 

 
Is God in charge of my thought life? 

 
Is God in charge of my words? 

 
Am I asking God to fulfill His purposes for my life? 

 
Am I thanking Him and praising Him enough? 

 
Am I praying for God’s protection? 

 
Am I praying after protection fails? 

 
Am I allowing negative emotions to rule my life (i.e. fear, anxiety, envy, depression)? 

 
Am I praying to receive all God has for me? 

 

Am I praying consistently?

For now, I’ll leave you with these.  If you're like me, after answering these, maybe some serious quiet time needs to take place.  If so, after the pruning is over, may you find peace and comfort in Yahweh Maccaddeshcem (The Lord Our Sanctifier).

2 comments:

  1. awesome questions -- thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rach,
    I just got cuaght up on all of your blog posts. You have been a busy girl! All of your treats look so yummy and it sounds like y'all had a great Christmas. Everyone missed y'all at Granny's Christmas Eve!

    I love you and hope that you squeeze some time in for a nap or two!

    xoxo,
    Christy
    P.S. I need your email address, so I can send you a pic.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel