Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's For Dinner? + Exciting News in the Atwood Kitchen!



My friend from back home, Bethany, has a husband named Jac who makes a delicious BBQ Pineapple Chicken dish.  After first taste several years ago, I decided to file it away in my recipe memory bank for later use. 


I broke it out last night and decided to “casualize” it a bit by throwing it in a bun and serving it with some french fries.  Nathan’s also a bacon lover, so I added that in too.  


BBQ Pineapple Chicken & Bacon Sandwiches





Here’s what you’ll need:

  • boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 to 1 ½  c. BBQ sauce (whichever brand you prefer)
  • 1 small can pineapple rings, in 100% juice (I used pineapple tidbits because that’s all I had on hand, and it worked just as fine too)
  • Cheese slices (we chose provolone)
  • Buns
  • 2-4 slices bacon

 Here’s how to make it:

  1. Overnight, marinate your chicken, BBQ sauce and Pineapples (with juice) in a airtight container or ziplock bag
  2. When you’re ready to cook, place chicken and juice from container in baking dish; top each piece of chicken with 1 pineapple ring
  3. Cook at 350 degrees until chicken is done
  4. Dress sandwich with cheese slices, bacon, pineapple ring and extra BBQ sauce.



And now for the exciting news . . .I was going to hold off telling you this until Thrifty Thursday, because it is somewhat “thrifty.”  But . . .I just couldn’t keep it a secret anymore! 


Say hello to my new . . .


 
Bread maker!



I am so excited about this, and cannot wait to make my very own batch of homemade breads, bagels, croissants, pizza dough’s and more!  This thing even kneads for you, so I don’t have to get dough arthritis!  

Did I mention I’m excited??

After several “mold” incidents with store-bought loaf bread, I’ve had it with buying bread.  Plus, I love seedy wheat breads and Nathan just loves plain white bread.  This is the perfect alternative to making our own favorite breads at half the cost.

And the best part is . . . it was only $20!  A lady that my mom works with has had the bread maker for a while and never used it (can you believe that?!?).  She heard from my mom that I wanted one, and offered to sell it to her.  I am going to love having this in my kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. Great buy! $20 is amazing.
    Great recipe - must try

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has an amazing Challah bread recipe you will have to get from her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious!

    and, congrats on the breadmaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna--I'll have to get that recipe! What is your mom's e-mail by the way??

    Sno--I couldn't be happier! I've been drooling over your homemade breads for months, so I'm anxious to borrow a few of your recipes ;-)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel