Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thrifty Thursday: Week of November 2


My mom has recently jumped on board the coupon train, and I couldn’t be happier! We have so much fun talking “coupons” now and sharing with each other the great deals we’re scoring each week. She was curious as to how Nathan and I managed to get double coupons for items, so I thought I would mention our trick in case any of you are struggling with the same thing.

Each week, before the Sunday paper comes out, we’ll check Hip 2 Save to see which inserts will be in the paper. If it’s going to be a good coupon week (i.e. 3 inserts), then we’ll go ahead and buy 3-4 Sunday papers. That may sound a bit extravagant, but the newspapers are only $1.50 each, and the coupons inside can save you quite a bit more than that! If it’s a low coupon week, we may only get 1 or 2. We also print coupons Online. These are all great little ways to maximize your coupon-ing and take advantage of those grocery stores that honor double coupons.

This week, we managed to save quite a bit on a few staple items. Here’s a breakdown of some of the deals we got: Don’t forget, these deals are still in effect until November 7, so hurry!

We snagged these at $1.25 from Walgreen's after the $1/off coupon from the paper--I got about 4 because this stuff doesn't expire!

We got ten cans of soup from Walgreen's too for $.35/can after coupons . . .not bad!

We also visited the Goodwill in Webster. Word on the street is that if you’re a Goodwill shopper, then this Goodwill location is a prime one—the upper-class residents donate their lightly used goods for us average folk to rummage through! Thank you Webster!

I got 3 pairs of great scrubs for my nursing friend, Lara. When I got home, I looked these up and they were $18.99 a pair, and that was on sale! I got these for 50% off of $3.99! :) Gotta' love the Goodwill . . .

Nathan got a new suit for a whopping $9.00!

And I grabbed a few post-Halloween decorating items for 50% off the Goodwill price

Who says Goodwill clothes aren't fashionable?!? Here we are in our Sunday Goodwill best :)




5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute clothes!!!
    I may have to sign up for some couponing lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see the pictures - people may think we Goodwill shoppers are frumpy -but there are some great deals to be had. Yesterday, I bought two gorgeous new sweaters for 99 cents each. You know you're cheap when you only buy when it's on sale at the Goodwill HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice deals -- especially the suit!

    my hubby and I need to get to our nice goodwill too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you're in Pittsford/Fairport you should check out the brand new Goodwill in Victor, a little past the mall, across the street from TGI Friday's. That's a nice one!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel