Friday, November 6, 2009

Green Thumbing It

During my birthday week, my parents asked me what I wanted and I told them that all I wanted from them was a day of gardening at my house. My dad is a serious green thumb, and has excellent taste when it comes to what looks good in a yard. Why couldn’t I get that gene from him?!?

Since our frost is creeping up, we decided to do some digging, weeding and planting of the spring bulbs. I can’t wait to see how everything will look in the spring!

Our flower beds and yard were a little unkempt when we moved in, so we spent the majority of the summer clearing things away.

In fact, things were so unkempt that when Nathan first moved in this little guy must have gotten confused by the fact our grass was cut and came to visit out of habit . . .

We got rid of a nasty vine growing down our fence . . .
I don't have a before picture, but trust me, it was baaad.

Pulled up some overgrown shrubbery from the front . . .

Planted some flowers by the mailbox . . .
Before

After

Cleared out our flower bed . . .



And with my dad’s help, replaced it with fresh spring bulbs . . .

Red and yellow tulips will (hopefully) line the front of the bed, and yellow and white daffodils will be clustered around. We’re also planning to plant some small evergreen shrubs in the back and along the front of the house.

Next on the list—cutting down two old trees from the yard!

Maybe with my dad’s help, I can turn into a green thumb by next spring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel