Friday, November 20, 2009

Dish Towel Exchange

I've mentioned Mixing Bowl on here a few times, but I just had to share the latest fun thing I participated in over there.


Recently, a lady decided to have a Dish Towel Exchange and asked all those who were interested to participate.  It's basically like having a pen pal, but instead of writing, you send dishtowels (no,  not your own . . .new ones).  I was super excited about this and jumped at the opportunity to gift someone.  I just love giving (and receiving).


I had so much fun shopping for my dish towel buddy, who lives all the way in Eggs Harbor Township, NJ (wherever that is!).  She said she loves flowers, so I picked a bright flowery dishtowel and also found a nice flowery shopping list pad that had a magnet on the back (I just love those little lists).  I mailed it her way, and yesterday I got my package in the mail!


Isn't this just the cutest thing?!?!?!



My kitchen doesn't have a theme just yet, but I'm aiming for Alabama meets New York, Country-Italian theme.  If that's even a real kitchen theme.  Ha!  My towel buddy nailed it!  These colors match perfectly with a piece of art hanging in our dining room, and it totally gave me inspiration for decorating in the future.  Thank you so much towel buddy, and thanks to the Mixing Bowl girls for thinking up this fun and creative swap!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I think they have border that matches that theme. Good luck decorating! I am excited to see the pics :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel