Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What's For Dinner? Crock Pot Beef Tips with Noodles

Nathan's working nights a lot this week, but instead of making him PB&J it every day for lunch around the house (I wouldn't mind, but he's not such a big fan), I decided to do some quick and easy "man food."

Last night, I tried out a new recipe I found on RecipeZaar.com--Crock Pot Beef Tips with Creamy Gravy. I love how easy Crock Potting is, and it works perfectly when Nathan works nights because he can eat a nice hearty lunch before work, and I can come home to nice hearty dinner.


I modified the recipe slightly from the original one.

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 lb. beef tips
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 TSP Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 Onion, chopped
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/4 c. Sour Cream
  • 1/4 c. Water
  • Egg Noodles (or rice)
Here's how to make it:
  1. Pour 1 TBSP EVOO into your pan, and brown beef tips
  2. Place beef tips in crock pot
  3. In the same pan that you cooked the beef tips in, saute onion. Pour onions over beef.
  4. In same pan, stir in soup, water and Worcestershire sauce until heated through. Pour over beef.
  5. Cook on high for 1 hour, and then on low for 4 to 5 hours. Or, cook on low for 7 hours.
  6. 15 Minutes before it's done, add sour cream and stir in.
  7. Serve over egg noodles or rice.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Yummy!

    Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have your email address, but wanted to send you birthday greetings. Sorry I did not get the card in mail. This does not mean you are not part of our family, it only means, this part of your family is crazy!haha Hope you have a great birthday! By the way, don't forget to look at pictures from mission trip on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel