Nathan's working nights a lot this week, but instead of making him PB&J it every day for lunch around the house (I wouldn't mind, but he's not such a big fan), I decided to do some quick and easy "man food."
Last night, I tried out a new recipe I found on RecipeZaar.com--Crock Pot Beef Tips with Creamy Gravy. I love how easy Crock Potting is, and it works perfectly when Nathan works nights because he can eat a nice hearty lunch before work, and I can come home to nice hearty dinner.
I modified the recipe slightly from the original one.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 lb. beef tips
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 TSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. Sour Cream
- 1/4 c. Water
- Egg Noodles (or rice)
Here's how to make it:
- Pour 1 TBSP EVOO into your pan, and brown beef tips
- Place beef tips in crock pot
- In the same pan that you cooked the beef tips in, saute onion. Pour onions over beef.
- In same pan, stir in soup, water and Worcestershire sauce until heated through. Pour over beef.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, and then on low for 4 to 5 hours. Or, cook on low for 7 hours.
- 15 Minutes before it's done, add sour cream and stir in.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.