Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend at the Atwood home was a little low-key, but who doesn't need that from time to time? :)

Saturday, we had planned to take the kiddies from our church on a hayride. Unfortunately, the rain made the farm where we were going a big wet mush, so we had to cancel at the last minute. Since Nathan and I were in the "kid" spirit, we decided to try out the recipe I posted a few days back--Pizza Mummies!

I was so excited to make these, and we had the best time! Here's how ours turned out:



Aren't they just the cutest little things?

In keeping with one of Nathan's family traditions, we've decided that one way we'll celebrate birthdays is by serving the other breakfast in bed. I had NO problem at all taking on this Atwood Family Tradition! ;-) Nathan jokes that I like to celebrate my birthday alllll week long (he's right). So, to kick off my birthday week, he started the day off this morning serving me breakfast in bed.

One of the things I've adopted from my cousin Missy is her love for chocolate chip pancakes. When I was little, I would stay the days during the summer at my aunt's (Missy's mom) house, and she would fix us chocolate chip pancakes. I began to love them, and asked my mom to make them for me (in my household growing up, we had peanut butter pancakes, so the switch to chocolate was major!). My mom always made pancakes on Sunday mornings, and would usually cook up 1 or 2 chocolate ones just for me, so there was no mystery as to what my breakfast in bed request would be to Nathan.

He was so sweet about the whole thing--he brought my little chocolate chip pancakes (complete with smiley faces--his idea), bacon and OJ into the room this morning and served me breakfast in bed. He even added a single stemmed daisy to the tray. :)

I love relaxing weekends!




1 comment:

  1. I just made the girls Chocolate Chip Pancakes on Friday. They do not share our love for them yet. Emma just wants the chocolate not the pancake - Ha! Carrying on the tradition!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel