Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend Recap

This past weekend, Nathan and I along with my parents were supposed to visit the Adirondacks again for some fall foliage snapshots. But sadly, Upstate New York was one big wet mush and our trip got canceled. In our little nook of New York on Saturday, however; it was the perfect day for photos and fall festivities, so here's a little "weekend in photos" recap. :) Enjoy!

We started the weekend off with a night out to dinner with my parents on Friday.
New restaurant they discovered called Scotch N' Sirloin--it was yummy!


Saturday, Nathan helped me decorate our front stoop.
(Idea taken from: Better Homes & Gardens-October 2009 Issue)



Then, we ventured out for some photo-taking.
The peak here in Rochester doesn't start until Oct. 27, but here's what we have so far.


We met this little fella' on our journey

And then tried to chase a beautiful storm

We came back home and Nathan helped me make my Aunt Abigail's Apple Cinnamon Roll recipe--YUMM! (Thank you, Aunt Abigail!)

Sunday, our church kicked-off the Family Emphasis Month.
Nathan and I matched, so I had to get a picture!

And I helped my mom decorate cookies for her class on Sunday night
(Idea from: BH&G Oct. 2009 Issue)

What a great and relaxing weekend! God is good.

3 comments:

  1. what a bummer about the rainy weekend -- but, it looks like you had fun anyway!

    We made apple cinnamon rolls this weekend too :) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise just last night, I told the girls I may try and make Meme's cinnamon rolls for them. (I hope I survive I am allergic to cinnamon!)
    What great pictures!!! I will tell mom to check about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pictures!!! And all the fun stuff as well -

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel