Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sweet Saturday: Couples Game Night Treats


Tonight Nathan and I have been invited to a game night with a couple from our church. They have two small kids, and I was asked to bring dessert. I've been tossing around ideas all week about what to make that would be "kid friendly" enough for the kids, yet yummy enough for adults too. In my indecisiveness, I stumbled across a great little gift my mother-in-law gave me as a present at my bridal shower and am so excited to put it to use.

The go-to seasonal party box! It's the best gift idea ever. Basically, it's a nice-sized plastic storage box that has everything you can think of for each holiday--July 4th napkins and dishtowels, Happy Birthday plates and candles, Christmas cookie cutters and aprons, etc. I found the fall "section" in the box, and now I've decided to make yummy fall cupcakes for our couple's game night.


I also found this easy little dip recipe on MixingBowl.com, and I made it too.

All you need is:
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1 can of chili
1 cup of shredded cheddar
1-9 inch pie pan
chips

You spread the cream cheese on the bottom of the pie pan, spread chili on top of that, sprinkle cheese on top, cook in the microwave for 4 minutes, and then let stand for 3 minutes to cool.
(I'll be heating it up later).

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel