Monday, October 26, 2009

Marital Monday: Laundry Mishaps & Forgetfulness



In our household, I'm usually the one who manages our laundry. You may remember a post of mine a while back regarding Nathan's "method" of putting his dirty laundry in the basket.

I'm pretty good (or at least I thought so until this weekend) about checking pockets for loose items that don't belong. Especially if those pockets contain money. I love finding loose change in the laundry--it goes a long way when paying those tolls!

This weekend, I guess I got a little lazy and forgot to check the pockets on Nathan's work pants. Instead of it just being loose change in our dryer that I found, it was a whole tube of red Chapstick. Melted.

I brushed it off at first, not thinking about the damage that a little tube of Chapstick could do to a whole load of laundry. As I began ironing, I noticed all these little grease stains on our clothes. Some were just oily looking, and some were just flat out pink.

Since he was the one who left the Chapstick in the clothes, Nathan kindly volunteered to clean them again. Thanks to e-how we now know how to get Chapstick oil stains out of clothes! :) . . . well, sort of.

In case you should ever need to know this:
  • Sprinkle baking soda on the affected area and, using a scrub brush, scrub until baking soda removes the oil. You may need to do this three or four times.
  • After oil is removed, pre-treat with a stain remover of your choice (we used Shout).
  • Re-wash clothes.
Our stains lessened, but didn't disappear completely. If anyone has any other ideas, please let us know--Nathan's work pants depend on it! :)

**************************************************************

You may remember me telling you that Nathan gave me a $25 gift card on my birthday for the Goodwill. I was so excited to use it yesterday, but couldn't find the gift card anywhere! Don't you hate it when you forget where you put something?!?!

I searched everywhere, and had no luck.

Then, I remembered Nathan video taped me opening my birthday gifts!

I ran to grab the video camera and re-watched the footage . . .

And then I saw where I placed the gift card. Right back in the gift bag, which I folded and put in our closet for re-use.

Don't you just love technology?!?

Newlywed life is full of discovering new things. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you a smart girl watching video footage! Glad you found your gift card :)

    xoxo,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel