Monday, October 12, 2009

Marital Monday: Bowlarama



Nathan loves to bowl. So much so that he has his own ball and shoes. He was super pumped when we found a bowling ball for me at a yard sale not too long ago for $5.00 that was the perfect weight. Usually I have a hard time finding balls because they're always so heavy, so this one was too good to pass up. The only thing is . . .

Yes, that's Lilo and Stitch. It's a child's bowling ball.


It even came with a bag though. And yes, that's a Disney character bag.

Nevertheless, I now have a ball and we can bowl together and look like professionals. Well, Nathan can at least. :)

Last week, we found out about a deal that sounded too good to be true. FREE (yes, free) bowling on Thursday's at a local little ally. We were so excited to go, and even more excited to try out my new ball. As with most free things, there's a little give and little take. The bowling was free, and I only had to pay $1.50 for my shoes, BUT . . . we had to keep score like this:

That's what you call old fashioned math, ladies and gentlemen. No electronic scoreboards here.

After starting another game, I glanced over and realized there was an electronic board with numbers all over it by one of the far lanes. I noticed the people sitting at the lane were all looking at it, and I said to Nathan,

"How come they get an electronic scoreboard and we don't?"

Nathan shrugged and went on with his game. I was determined to find out--after all, I wasn't going to sit there and do math when it could be done for me! I went up to the front desk to inquire about the "electronic scoreboard," and the guy behind the desk handed me a lotto ticket. No wonder they were all staring at it hopefully. ;)

Nathan's game face

5 comments:

  1. Rachel you totally crack me up! DUH!
    Love the bowling ball too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bowling ball :) can't pass up that deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your Disney themed bowling equipment...too bad they didn't have Ariel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for making me feel less embarrassed by my bowling ball! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel