Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What's For Dinner? His & Hers Breakfast!



For some reason, I have been craving pancakes lately! However, I can't really fix a big pile of them for breakfast because Nathan had an "incident" with French Toast at a popular breakfast chain restaurant (I won't share the name in case any of you are fans). Ever since, anything with syrup turns his stomach. So, the good wifey that I am, I opt out of cooking pancakes. In my sacrifice; however, my desire for pancakes grows stronger and I've been trying to figure out how I can quench it. Last night, I could take it no longer so I decided we'd be having breakfast for dinner--his and hers style. It was a bit of work managing my pancake griddle, skillet for eggs, and cooking sausage, but I managed to pull it off!

I fixed breakfast burritos for Nathan, and tried something new for myself--peanut butter banana pancakes with cinnamon. I just threw it together, but it actually turned out really good. In fact, Nathan even had a bite and liked it! :) Maybe our syrup fast is over . . .


These were my pancakes. Yum! I just added a little peanut butter to the batter (about 3/4 cup--that's a little for me, the peanut butter lover!), topped with bananas and sprinkled with cinnamon.

These were the breakfast burritos that Nathan had--the picture doesn't look too yummy, but he enjoyed them. I just did eggs, sausage, cheese, salsa and a bit of cilantro.

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!! Breakfast burritos are my fave!!! You can also - put a little cream cheese on the tortilla! YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I don't even like bananas and that looks sooo yummy! The burrito looks yummy too!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel