Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sweet Saturday: Pumpkin Pecan Pie



I'm obsessed with Better Homes and Gardens and convinced that my house will look like a collage of the magazine one day (yard sale style, of course). Nathan, the thoughtful husband that he is, is aware of this obsession and just before the wedding decided to get me a subscription for the magazine. My first edition came in July, and it included a bonus recipe magazine (thank you BHG!).

After drooling over the pages for months, I've finally decided to attempt a recipe from it. Fall is coming like, next week, and I'm in love with the season and all of its goodness--pumpkins, candy, apple cider, pie, turkey . . . you name it! When I saw the recipe for Pumpkin Pecan Pie, I already knew I'd be adding this to the Atwood recipe collection. I'm taking it to my parents house tomorrow for Sunday lunch . . . let's just hope something horrible doesn't happen to it before then! ;o)
It's in the oven as I type!

Pumpkin Pecan Pie

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 Pie Crust (if you have time, you can make your own but I just used a pre-made crust)
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. dark corn syrup
  • 1 TSP. vanilla
  • 3/4 TSP. cinnamon
  • 1 c. chopped pecans
And here's how to make it:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. For filling, in large bowl, stir together eggs, pumpkin, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon; mix well. Carefully pour filling into pastry shell. Sprinkle with pecans.
  3. Place pie on cookie sheet to prevent spilling.
  4. Bake for 50-55 mins. Cool completely, and then cover and chill pie within 2 hours of serving. Serve with a dollop of whipped topping. Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel