Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sweet Saturday: Banana Pudding


Last week, Nathan asked me if I would make him one of his favorite desserts--banana pudding. Of course, it happens to be one of my favorite desserts too, so there was no denying his request! There was one stipulation, however. Nathan likes his banana pudding with more wafers than bananas and I like mine with more bananas than wafers . . . oh, what to do?!?!

I checked Online and one of my favorite recipe web sites, AllRecipes.com had the perfect solution! Leave the bananas on the side. This way, you prevent the bananas from browning so badly, and people can put as many on as they like (or don't like). I looked through several reviews, and took the recommendations of a few of them to change the recipe up a bit. Here's what I came away with, and it tasted delicious!


Banana Pudding

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 1/2 (14 oz.) sweet condensed milk
  • 1 (3.4 oz.) French Vanilla Pudding mix
  • 1/2 (3.4 oz.) Banana Cream Pudding mix
  • 2 c. cold milk
  • 1 TSP Vanilla
  • 1 (8 oz.) Whipped Topping
  • 4 bananas, sliced (if you want to add them in, you can--I left mine to the side and just added them in as I dished out the dessert).
  • 1 (12 oz.) package of Wafers
Here's how to make it:
  1. In a large bowl (or a stand mixer), beat cream cheese until fluffy.
  2. Beat in the condensed milk, pudding, cold milk and vanilla until smooth.
  3. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping
  4. Line the bottom of a bowl or 9x13 dish (whatever you prefer) with 3/4 box of the wafers. (If you're adding bananas into the pudding, then you would add them on top of the wafers at this point--if not, skip this step).
  5. Spread pudding mixture on top of wafers, and top with remaining whipped topping.
  6. Crush remaining wafers and sprinkle on top of decoration.
  7. Chill at least 3 hours (I chilled mine over night), and add sliced bananas before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Compromise and marriage definitely go hand and hand! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel