Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Dream Freezer

You are all well-aware by now of my obsession--I mean love for BH&G. Nathan's cousin Anna over at The Tysons made me aware that MixingBowl (BH&G's social networking recipe site) put me on the front page this week. I think it's a sign that I'm eventually supposed to be a columnist for them, don't you?? :)

Anyway, I got my new October Issue of BH&G this week, and I'm slowly but surely reading through every single article and putting post-it notes on things to follow-up with. One of the articles I can't seem to stop flipping back to is called "Big Chill." If I ever have a freezer (which I hope to one day) I want it to look just like this! So completely organized that it makes me want to go out and buy one right now.

Food is stored in plastic totes, and labeled with luggage tags. Stackable bins line the door, and ice cube trays serve as a holder for sauce and pesto. Extra soup is placed in a plastic bag and placed flat in the freezer until frozen and then "filed" into a storage bin on top.

I couldn't find the actual article on their Web site, so you'll have to go out and purchase a copy to see it in its fullness. However, the writer, Jean Norman writes so many great organizational columns that are definitely worth taking a look at .


Just a side note--I'm going apple picking tonight for the first time! Sweet Saturday is sure to have an apple recipe this week, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. that freezer is amazing!!

    Enjoy apple picking - can't wait to see what you're up to in your kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of apples, I can't wait to buy some and try this recipe for Caramel Apple Sticky Buns!
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/08/caramel-apple-sticky-buns/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anna, I'll have to check it out! Nathan doesn't like pie, so I was thinking of other alternatives.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel